The important stuff
WHAT IS IT?
- To put it simply: An epic location, one stage, one day, 8 bands, about one thousand people, and a feel-good cause for it all. 100% volunteer-run with all profits raised for the Cambodian Kids Foundation.
WHEN IS IT?
- Saturday March 23, 2024.
WHERE IS IT?
- Hanging Rock, VIC - About an hour from Melbourne. Search for 'Hanging Rock Concert Venue' in maps and it should take you right there!
ARE THERE BUSES RUNNING TO MRMF?
- We don't offer transport to or from MRMF. We recommend carpooling with a friend, or booking a local taxi service or Uber well in advance. The nearest train station is Woodend.
IS SEATING PROVIDED?
Apart from a few hay bales, no. Please bring your own camp chairs or picnic rug to keep you comfy throughout the day! All types of chairs are welcome, but anything other than a low-back camp chair will be asked to be set up in the back half of the festival area.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Picnic rug/low folding chair.
- Hat, sunscreen, reusable water bottle (free water available).
- Cash & card payments are accepted throughout the festival.
- Umbrellas and small gazebos are welcome but subject to space and positioning. If you want to set up a shelter of any kind, you will be directed to sit in the back half of the festival area so that other attendees views aren't impeded.
- Warm clothes. Even on the hottest days, nights are cold in the Macedon Ranges!
WHAT CANT I BRING?
- Strictly NO BYO alcohol.
- Glass bottles or containers.
ARE TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE GATE?
- No, all tickets must be purchased online.
CAN KIDS COME?
- Our festival invites people of all ages! Entry for kids under 5 is free however they must have a ticket booked for them. This is due to capacity limits. All ticketholders under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
HOW SHOULD I GET THERE?
- There is ample car parking space available on site by gold coin donation to our local SES. Consider car pooling with a friend and always have a designated driver.
CAN I BRING MY DOG?
- Well behaved pooches on leads are welcome to enjoy MRMF too!
WHERE CAN I STAY?
- We do not offer camping at the festival site. The closest campground is the Macedon Caravan Park or you can check out other accommodation options in the Macedon Ranges here
ARE PASS OUTS AVAILABLE?
- You'll be given a wristband upon entry. You'll be able to come and go as you please as long as you leave it on!
DO YOU ACCEPT COMPANION CARDS?
- Yes, companion card holders are admitted free entry and do not need to pre-book a ticket.
- Take a look here
CAN I PERFORM/VOLUNTEER/HOLD A STALL?
- Take a look here.
WHAT ARE THE SET TIMES?
- Performer times are announced closer to the festival, keep an eye on our socials or mailing list for updates.
If your question hasn't been answered here, feel free to contact us.